FreeFrom is looking for a Project Manager for a full-time position based in Los Angeles, California.
The FreeFrom team is made up of queer, trans, im/migrant, and BIPOC survivors. We envision a world in which all survivors are able to build the wealth and financial security necessary to support their individual, intergenerational, and community healing—enabling them to thrive.
At FreeFrom, we are already modeling the types of comprehensive support we are setting out to achieve through this work. We are committed to the financial security of survivors by paying all staff living-wage salaries, providing flexible work schedules, offering financial coaching and a savings matching program, designing survivor-informed practices, and actively engaging staff in the development of new policies and best practices. Starting from within, we are building an ecosystem of support rooted in respect for the wisdom of survivors who always know best what we need and how to innovate solutions to meet those needs.
FreeFrom is also a team of nimble innovators. We intentionally cultivate a spirit of creativity and experimentation in our work, understanding that we must be willing to try new approaches and apply new frameworks in order to solve a systemic problem like intimate partner violence.
About the Position
If you are task driven and always looking for creative ways to improve processes in support of a joyful and innovative team working to end systemic violence, then keep on reading!
FreeFrom is looking for a Project Manager to support our internal systems and processes so that we can all thrive and bring our very best to our work. This position assists with general programmatic and administrative support tasks, including timelining and project management, scheduling, documentation, external communications, and technology coordination. The Project Manager will play a core role in helping our projects run smoothly as we continue to grow and scale our work. We are a small team and new things come up all the time—the Project Manager should be resourceful and ready to dive into any new project that comes up! The Project Manager will work collaboratively with FreeFrom’s directors and other team members and report to the CEO.
To be successful in this position, candidates should possess a strong interest in serving survivors of gender-based violence, share our mission and vision, and have a proven track record of effective administration and program support in a professional setting. We seek a team member who is detail oriented, ready and eager to learn, and a self-starter. We operate a nimble, innovative, collaborative work environment, and successful candidates must be able to track, prioritize, and adapt quickly to changing needs.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. Our positions remain open until filled.
- General programmatic and administrative support
- Perform clerical duties and provide administrative support as needed and directed by the directors;
- Write, prepare, and distribute communications, such as memos, emails, letters, faxes, invoices, reports and other correspondence as needed;
- Assist team in responding to both internal and external requests for information or other documentation;
- Assist with scheduling meetings for program teams – coordinate meetings and conference calls; assist with preparation of meeting materials and arrange catering as needed;
- Assist in creating PowerPoints and agendas for program teams;
- Document program processes and practices to support implementation and replication;
- Maintain digital program files and organization’s digital filing systems;
- Assist with work-related travel including developing travel plans, logistical arrangements, and processing expense reports;
- Assist with special projects or other duties as requested.
- Timelining and project management
- Recommend and utilize project management tools and resources to support streamlined operations and methodical program implementation;
- Assist in organizing, managing, and coordinating various simultaneous projects across different pillars of the organization to include monitoring tasks and deadlines, communicating updates, and serving as liaison across teams and functional areas;
- Develop, manage, and update tracking systems, project plans, dashboards, and reports;
- Take meeting minutes and record action items for distribution and follow up;
- Support working groups and teams with consistent communications, including developing and sharing meeting agendas, meeting notes, action items, progress documentation, and program updates;
- Proactively identify project risks and issues. Recognize and help resolve obstacles faced by project teams. Appropriately escalate project issues to program directors and ultimately to leadership as needed, to keep work on-track;
- Technology and event coordination
- Assist with event planning, including meeting preparation, coordination and logistics;
- Create events on Zoom and other webinar platforms and send out links to participants;
- Conduct tech and sound checks with members of the team prior to live events;
- Troubleshoot technological program presentation issues in real time and provide written analysis and feedback following events for the issues addressed;
- When on a live event:
- Support with creating breakout rooms and waiting rooms;
- Monitor chat and tech questions to support participants;
- Assist with screen share and music when needed; and
- Provide appropriate supporting url links to participants.
- As assigned, provide written recommendations for improvements in process, software and equipment to address issues in program delivery.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong project management skills and experience managing and coordinating timelines and deliverables for multiple large projects at once;
- Strong skills in creating internal systems and organizing program content;
- Experience using Asana, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Salesforce and PandaDocs, highly desirable;
- Proficient skills in using the presentation platform Zoom with a preference for knowledge of ECamm Live, Miro, transcription, white board or other online platforms and integrations;
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills and a track record of independently resolving conflicts and challenges;
- Self-directed and excited to work in a nimble, innovative environment;
- Strong people skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to collaborate and work well with others;
- Outstanding speaking and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral);
- Must bring enthusiasm, creativity, patience, and flexibility to the work;
- Excellent organizational skills, with high accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and adapt to evolving strategies and circumstances;
- Commitment to FreeFrom’s mission, innovation, and the highest standards of activism;
- Ability to speak, hear, and understand speech at normal room levels;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; and
- Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence.
Qualifications and requirements are not intended to exclude any candidates but rather give candidates an idea of what skills and abilities would help them excel in this position. Candidates do not have to meet all requirements and qualifications to apply if you believe you have the skill, experience, and passion to do this job.
How to Apply
Send a descriptive cover letter, resume, portfolio (if available), and the contact information for 3 professional references to Sonya Passi, Founder and CEO, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF attachment with the subject line “Project Manager”. Please include your name and preferred pronouns on all documents. Please speak to how your experience and qualifications match what we are looking for in this role in your cover letter. Please also note: we will not contact your references without notifying you first.
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
We also encourage you to apply if this job sounds like a good fit for you and vice versa, even if you don’t feel as if you meet all the qualifications/requirements.
Los Angeles, CA
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning on April 11th, 2022
- Anticipated start date: This position will remain open until filled. We are looking to fill the position immediately
Exempt, full-time position
Salary and Benefits
- Benefits include:
- 100% covered health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4-day work week
- Childcare support
- Gender-based violence paid and protected leave
- Unlimited paid vacation + 6 weeks office closures annually
- Unlimited menstrual leave
- 401k with a 5% employer match
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Building wealth stipend
- Personal and professional growth stipend
- Technology stipend
- Vacation stipend
- Additional optional benefits including legal, accident and pet insurance
Position Reports To