FreeFrom is looking for a Web Developer and Salesforce Administrator for a full-time position based in Los Angeles, California.
The FreeFrom team is made up of queer, trans, im/migrant, and BIPOC survivors. We envision a world in which all survivors are able to build the wealth and financial security necessary to support their individual, intergenerational, and community healing—enabling them to thrive.
At FreeFrom, we are already modeling the types of comprehensive support we are setting out to achieve through this work. We are committed to the financial security of survivors by paying all staff living-wage salaries, providing flexible work schedules, offering financial coaching and a savings matching program, designing survivor-informed practices, and actively engaging staff in the development of new policies and best practices. Starting from within, we are building an ecosystem of support rooted in respect for the wisdom of survivors who always know best what we need and how to innovate solutions to meet those needs.
FreeFrom is also a team of nimble innovators. We intentionally cultivate a spirit of creativity and experimentation in our work, understanding that we must be willing to try new approaches and apply new frameworks in order to solve a systemic problem like intimate partner violence.
About the Position
FreeFrom is looking for a Web Developer and Salesforce Administrator to join our team and take our various uses of technology to the next level. An ideal applicant has extensive experience with WordPress, web development, and Salesforce and is excited to maximize the use of technology to support survivors of gender-based violence. The Web Developer and Salesforce Administrator should have a keen eye for detail, comfort addressing complex technical problems, and thrive on the challenge of building something from scratch and managing the entire process.
Whether it is creating immersive web experiences, building out our Salesforce database to accommodate new data collection needs, or ensuring our data is safe and secure, this position is for someone who is excited to bring their technical expertise to every problem that FreeFrom is working to solve.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. Our positions remain open until filled.
- Lead our Salesforce platform management and enhancement, including overseeing day-to-day activities and operations of a complex, highly integrated Salesforce implementation, building reports and dashboards in Salesforce, and assisting in mapping and migrating existing data into Salesforce;
- Develop and roll out Salesforce-based solutions and integrations;
- Manage, update, and build out our WordPress site;
- Lead the growth, expansion, and continuous updating of our Map and Scorecard and Compensation Compass;
- Assist with backend coding (e.g., HTML, FormAssembly formulas, etc.) as needed;
- Lead the creation of future web-based offerings;
- Establish and track our web analytics and data collection;
- Conduct regular audits of website and internal analytics to identify and address where functionality, navigation, design, and content updates are necessary while keeping up with evolving web standards and web practices;
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to non-technical staff using our technical systems;
- Conduct audit of FreeFrom’s data security policies and develop a strategy and solutions to ensure the organization’s security and technology infrastructure abides by the highest possible standards (computer and information systems, security, communication systems);
- Establish a consistent and efficient data governance process at FreeFrom, accounting for the full data life cycle – including collection, configuration, storage, analysis and dissemination;
- Ensure we are GDPR and CCPA compliant and continuously monitor changes in data security laws, implementing any necessary changes/processes;
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of technology services by monitoring systems performance; and
- Monitor system performance and usage, along with overall database health across all tech platforms utilized by FreeFrom. Help to identify any needs for upgrades or changes in current processes, programs, technology, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent transferable life/professional experience;
- At least five years’ experience in front end web content management supporting the maintenance, operations, and enhancement of WordPress websites;
- At least two years of experience with Salesforce administration, ideally with a nonprofit organization or within a nonprofit context;
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas: Cloud technology, software development, website & application hosting;
- Experience with usability, accessibility, and demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws, policies, standards, and best practices, including WCAG 2.0;
- Excellent understanding of network and systems administration, security, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems;
- Salesforce certification strongly preferred, specifically Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder and/or Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certifications;
- Experience training and supporting non-technical staff in the use of Salesforce;
- Experience managing integrations between Salesforce and other systems, including payment processors, email marketing systems and form tools;
- Experience with any of the tools that we use in conjunction with Salesforce, including FormAssembly, is a plus;
- Ability to learn quickly as Salesforce rolls out new features and when using existing features for the first time or in a new way;
- Proficient with data export and import, using Dataloader or other tools, and use of Excel to facilitate uploads and data transformations as well as migrating data between objects or fields;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as troubleshooting expertise;
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills;
- Strong knowledge of project management principles;
- Strong people skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to collaborate and work well with others;
- Must bring enthusiasm, creativity, patience, and flexibility to the work;
- Excellent organizational skills, with high accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to evolving strategies and circumstances;
- Comfortable with taking risks and otherwise bucking trends and traditional approaches;
- Commitment to FreeFrom’s mission, innovation, and the highest standards of activism;
- Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Dexterity to use office equipment; the ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time;
- Ability to speak, hear, and understand speech at normal room levels;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; and
- Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence.
Qualifications and requirements are not intended to exclude any candidates but rather give candidates an idea of what skills and abilities would help them excel in this position. Candidates do not have to meet all requirements and qualifications to apply if you believe you have the skill, experience, and passion to do this job.
How to Apply
Send a descriptive cover letter, resume, portfolio (if available), and the contact information for 3 professional references to Sonya Passi, Founder and CEO, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF attachment with the subject line “Web Developer and Salesforce Administrator”. Please include your name and preferred pronouns on all documents. Please speak to how your experience and qualifications match what we are looking for in this role in your cover letter. Please also note: we will not contact your references without notifying you first.
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
We also encourage you to apply if this job sounds like a good fit for you and vice versa, even if you don’t feel as if you meet all the qualifications/requirements.
Los Angeles, CA
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning on April 11th, 2022
- Anticipated start date: This position will remain open until filled. We are looking to fill the position immediately
Exempt, full-time position
Salary and Benefits
- Benefits include:
- 100% covered health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4-day work week
- Childcare support
- Gender-based violence paid and protected leave
- Unlimited paid vacation + 6 weeks office closures annually
- Unlimited menstrual leave
- 401k with a 5% employer match
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Building wealth stipend
- Personal and professional growth stipend
- Technology stipend
- Vacation stipend
- Additional optional benefits including legal, accident and pet insurance
Position Reports To