The FreeFrom team is made up of queer, trans, im/migrant, and BIPOC survivors. We envision a world in which all survivors are able to build the wealth and financial security necessary to support their individual, intergenerational, and community healing—enabling them to thrive.
OUR WORK CULTURE
Here’s how our team is putting our values into action to support financial security, well being, and safety for employees within our organization:
- FreeFrom offers a minimum annual salary to full-time employees of $65k.
- Our social enterprise, GIFTED by FreeFrom, pays store employees $28.85 hourly.
Staff salaries are set based upon the following principles:
- FreeFrom is focused on building financial security and our work is based on the fact that healing is incredibly expensive.
- We are committed to hiring QTBIPOC folks and survivors and supporting their healing. Several members of our team are first-generation college attendees with no generational wealth to their name.
- We know that most employees spend an average of 8 hours a week while at work worrying about money. Paying well is good for productivity.
- The nonprofit movement is not sustainable and the high burnout and turnover that comes from underpaying staff costs nonprofits money in productivity gaps, rehiring costs and training costs. We eliminate those by paying well in the first place.
BRING YOUR KIDS TO WORK POLICY
100% COVERED HEALTH, VISION, AND DENTAL INSURANCE
UNLIMITED MENSTRUAL LEAVE
GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE PAID AND PROTECTED LEAVE
UNLIMITED VACATION + VACATION STIPEND
BUILDING WEALTH STIPEND
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH STIPEND
5% COMPANY MATCH
Starting from within, we are building an ecosystem of support rooted in respect for the wisdom of survivors who always know best what we need and how to innovate solutions to meet those needs.
“Receiving a grant [from FreeFrom] no questions asked was like being looked at and received by people who trusted me unconditionally.”